When it comes to best email services, Gmail by Google need no introduction. Gmail is counted amongst the best email service used widely by millions of users worldwide. It provides high storage space, excellent spam protection and many other numerous features. However, sometimes, while working with Gmail, users face synchronization issues due to which they might not be able to send or receive email. Other issues also arise if the Gmail app is not syncing automatically. In case you are also facing the ‘Gmail Not Syncing’ issue, follow this article to know how to get rid of this problem.
Problems that might occur due to ‘Gmail Not Syncing’ issue
When Gmail stops syncing itself, it is accompanied by certain other issues as well. The other such issues that are experienced by the users are mentioned below:
- Slow loading of Gmail app
- Gmail not able to send emails
- Mail is stuck in outbox
- Problem in opening a received email
- Error in reading email
- ‘Account not synced’ error showing continuously on the screen
- Gmail app becomes very slow
Different Ways to Troubleshoot the ‘Gmail Not Syncing’ Error
There are some simple troubleshooting steps that you can follow to resolve this error. Try these steps if you are facing the ‘Gmail Not Syncing’ issue.
- Update your Gmail app
Updating the Gmail application solves the not syncing issue most of the times. It is also advised to ensure that your device is up-to-date as well.
- Clear the storage of your device
It might happen that due to lack of storage space in your device, you Gmail app is not able to sync. Try freeing some amount of storage space in your phone and see if it solves the problem. Remove Google Play music, books, movies, or TV shows that you have downloaded.
- Check the settings of your device
Make sure that you have turned Gmail sync on in your device settings. To check this, go to settings > Accounts > Google. Now check that Gmail sync is on.
- Restart your device
Sometimes, just restarting your device can fix the syncing issue in Gmail.
- Check your internet connectivity
Make sure that the internet is connected and the connection is not intermittent.
- Clear your Gmail information
In case no other methods works and you are still facing the syncing issue, follow the steps given below to solve this:
- Open your Settings of your device (phone, tablet, etc).
- Go to ‘Apps & notifications’ and then click on ‘App info’.
- Select ‘Gmail’ and go to ‘Storage’.
- Tap on ‘Clear data ‘and then select ‘Ok’.
- Now, restart your device.
Note: The above mentioned steps can erase your message drafts and your signature, ringtone, and other settings and is therefore recommended only if you have no other choice left.