Gmail is considered one of the finest email services on the planet. It offers all the latest features and an exemplary user interface. Being an iconic Email service it has a customer base of millions of users around the globe. Although Google is working tirelessly to make Gmail an absolutely error-free email service, different Gmail errors and issues are not rare. One of such issues is Gmail not working or stopped responding.
This problem can occur while launching Gmail or while sending/ receiving Gmail messages. If you are also facing Gmail Stopped responding error then this article can help you to a great extent. Here, we will list down the possible cause for this error and step by step solution to fix it.
Why your Gmail not working or stopped responding?
If your Gmail is loading slow and not working at all then it is highly probable that the problem is with your browser. However, there are many other possible reasons as well that can cause this type of issues. Some of these possible reasons are as follows:
- Incompatible browsers.
- Problematic Add-ons and extensions in the browser.
- Virus or Malware attack in your PC.
- The server of Gmail might be down.
- The browser you are using might be outdated.
- Slow or interrupted internet connection.
In addition to these causes, there are some other reasons as well that can result in Gmail stopped working error.
How to Fix Gmail won’t load or stopped responding error?
It is quite easy to fix this type of issues. All you need to do is figure out and eliminate the root cause of the problem. You can eliminate the root cause of the problem effortlessly by following the steps given below progressively.
- First of all, make sure that you are using a compatible browser to load Gmail. Gmail is readily compatible with the following internet browsers.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
2. Temporarily turn off all the third party add-ons and extensions in your browser. Sometimes, these add-ons and extensions also hinder the proper workflow of Gmail.
3.Try to load Gmail in your browser’s incognito or private browsing mode. If you are using chrome browser then you can open incognito mode just by pressing “shift + Ctrl+ N” keys together.
4.Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Then try to reload Gmail.
5.Check G Suite Status Dashboard to see if there’s some problem with the Gmail server.
6.Run deep virus scan in your PC to fix any possible malware or virus infection that might be causing Gmail not working problem.
If the problem still isn’t fixed, then you should contact Gmail Help center to find the resolution.