How to get rid of “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” error? Google is working tirelessly to make Gmail even more secure and easy to use application for its users. However, with the advance of the latest hacking software and tools, it becomes utterly challenging for Google to prevent their user’s account and data from hackers. That is the reason why Google doesn’t let any user log into a Gmail account unless it fully satisfied with the identity of the user. But sometimes, these securities of Google can cause problems for the users as well. The error message “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” is quite common which appears when Google is not sure about the identity of the person who is trying to log into the Gmail account.
Luckily, Google has provided some swift methods by which you can prove your identity and access your Gmail account. In this tutorial, we will discuss all these methods to get rid of “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” error with ease.
Resolution of “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” error
This error message can be immensely annoying if you are expecting an important Email. Here are the instructions which you should follow in order to get rid of “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” error.
First of all, you should run a Gmail password recovery by following the steps given below:
- Go to the Gmail login page and provide your Gmail email address.
- Click on “Forget Password” when prompted to enter the password.
- Now, Google will send you a verification code to the phone number or email address attached to your account.
- Enter the verification code received through the verification phone number or email address.
- Create a new Gmail password for future login.
That’s it, now you can log in using the new password.
Answer the security questions accurately
Proving your identity if you added a recovery phone number or email is just a cakewalk. The real problem arises when you are unable to verify your identity and you don’t have a verification phone number or email added to the Gmail account. In such cases, security questions are the only option left.
- Click on “Try another way” when google will ask you to enter the verification code.
- Now, Google will ask you some security questions about your Gmail account so that it can verify your identity.
- The questions are generally quite simple like your frequent location to use your Gmail account. Month and year of the creation of your Gmail account etc.
- Answer the security questions to the best of your knowledge.
- Google will take around 3 to 5 days to investigate your issue and get back to you with a link to create a new password.
Note: There are dozens of questions that Google can ask you. You should keep on clicking “Try another way” to answer the different security questions. If you can remember the answer, enter the best guess.
Use the familiar locations and devices
It is also recommended that you should use a familiar device and location while recovering your Gmail account.
- Try to use the phone, computer or tablet you usually use to log into your Gmail account.
- Also try to use the same browser.
- Try to be in the location from where you usually sign into your Gmail account. To know more