No matter if you are a business owner, a working professional or just a student; you need a good quality printer for your smooth workflow. HP offers a wide range of printers customized especially for official and domestic use. However, sometimes users find it too difficult to add their HP printer to a computer. In case you are also an HP printer user and wondering how can I add an HP printer to my computer then you need not worry at all. Installing an HP printer to a computer is merely a 10-minute process.
The method to add an HP Printer to a PC depends upon whether you are using a wired or wireless printer. In this tutorial, we will go through the steps by which you can install HP Printer to a computer effortlessly.
How to add an HP Printer to a computer using a USB Cable?
The most convenient and popular way to connect an HP printer to a computer is through the USB cable. Follow the steps given below to add HP printer using a USB cable:
- First of all, connect your computer to the HP printer using a USB cable.
- Click “Start” button in your windows computer and open the “Settings” app.
- Click on “Devices”.
- Click on the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Now, if the window detects your printer then you just need to click on the name of your printer and follow the instruction that will appear on your screen.
- In case the Windows are unable to detect your HP printer then you need to click on the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” button.
- Now, Windows troubleshooting guide will help you find your printer and download the required drivers.
- If you still can’t find your printer listed then you should visit the official website of HP and install the printer driver as per your printer model number.
How to Add an HP Wireless Printer to a computer?
The HP wireless printers are gaining popularity at a very rapid pace. Follow the steps given below in order to add HP wireless printer to your windows computer.
- Go to the printer LED panel and open the wireless setup. (This option may differ depending upon your printer’s model number)
- Choose your Wifi network.
- Enter the password of your wireless network.
- If you are unable to add HP wireless printer to a network then you should take your printer closer to the wifi router.
- In case your HP printer has an Ethernet Jack then you can simply connect to the router and manage it using the browser.
Helpful Tips to get rid of HP wireless Printer Installation Errors
You can follow the below mentioned instructions in case you encounter any error while installing HP printer.
- Try to reconnect after restarting your computer for a couple of time.
- Reinstall the latest driver as per your HP Printer model number from the official HP website.
- Try the windows built-in driver.