Gone are the days when you how to carry a printer with your computer device to get a printout. Now, with the advancement of latest technologies, there are many wireless printers available in the market. Out of these wireless printers, HP is one of the most widely used and highly reliable printer brands. It offers a wide range of wireless printers each of them having exemplary quality and amazing reliability. However, many users find it difficult to set up their HP printers for wireless printing. In this tutorial, we will discuss how you can connect your HP wireless printer to a wireless network.
Checking Network and printer compatibility
Before we move on to the steps that will let you connect your HP printer to a wireless network there are some points that you should take care of.
- Make sure that your PC is running on Windows Vista or a later operating system.
- Your Computer system is connected to a wireless router over a 2.4 GHz connection.
Note: Currently, 5.0 GHz network are not supported by HP printers.
- Your PC should use a dynamic IP address instead of a static one.
- You must be authorized to add and remove devices from a wireless network.
How to connect HP printer to a wireless network automatically?
Now, let’s go through the steps by which you can connect your HP printer to a wireless network.
- First of all, you need to search and download the printer’s driver from the official website of HP i.e. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/
- Make sure you download the correct driver as per your printer’s model number.
- Double click the downloaded driver file. It will start the printer setup process.
- Now, turn on your HP wireless printer.
- In case your Printer is compatible with HP auto-wireless-connect then it will prepare to connect automatically.
- Keep following the instructions on your screen until you reach the “Network” section.
- Click on “Network (Ethernet/ Wireless)” button.
- Click “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer”. This will locate the printer and send your wireless network information to the printer.
- Wait till your HP wireless printer connects.
- Finish the set up wizard
Connecting HP printer to a wireless network manually
Here are the steps by which you can manually setup your computer system to connect to a wireless network.
- Firstly, make sure that all the required drivers for your printer are installed in your PC.
- Turn on your PC and make sure that it is connected to the power source.
- Activate the touch screen of your HP printer.
- Tap on “Setup”. (The appearance of “setup” option can vary depending upon the model of the printer)
- Now, select “Network”. This will open the wireless settings.
- Choose “Wireless Network Wizard”.
- The printer will start searching for the network as soon as you choose “Wireless Network Wizard”.
- Locate and select your network name.
- Enter the password of your wireless network.
- Click on the “Ok” button when prompted.
That’s all you need to connect your HP printer to a wireless network. Now, you can start printing over your wireless network.
If you facing any types in Technical problem in Hp Printer so don’t worry you can Contact Hp Printer Customer Service Helpline Number you can contact any time for 24×7 hours.