Gmail is the world’s most used email app with over 1 billion people using it on a regular basis. Gmail offers the exclusive feature to the users that efficiently manage and sort out the emails stored in it. These features include- Google apps sidebar, self-destructive emails, hover activated trash and snooze, changing inbox view, open attachments from home page, and a lot more. Gmail has launched the new layout mechanism to arrange the incoming emails into categories like Primary, Social, Promotions, etc. With this new layout, you can sort emails into different tabs and categories. By default, the Primary tab is on the display.
In case, you’re curious to know how to add or remove category tabs in Gmail, then you have landed on the right post. There are different settings for Android users, iPhone and ipad users and for those who use computer for accessing Gmail. Not only this, but you can also change the notifications for each category once you’ve managed it by the procedure given in the post.
Adding and Removing the category tabs in Gmail
With the help of category tans, you can sort your emails into different inbox tabs for example- Social or Promotions. So when you open Gmail in different devices, you won’t have to see all emails at once.
Adding/removing category tabs in Gmail on computer
To add or remove the category tabs in Gmail if you’re using it on a computer then you need to follow the step by step instructions given below –
- First of all, open Gmail in the web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc.
- Go to the setting by clicking the “setting” tab at the top-right corner of the webpage.
- Now go to the inbox by clicking the “inbox” tab.
- Select “default” from the inbox-type section to proceed further.
- Now go to the category section and put a check across the items you want to display on Gmail.
- Scroll down further to save the changes that you’ve recently made in the settings of the Gmail.
Adding/removing category tabs in Gmail for Android phone users
If you’re an Android phone user, then adding or removing the category tabs in Gmail is not going to be tough for you either. To get rid of the categories like social or promotion, you don’t need to learn rocket science, believe us when we say the settings are quite simpler. Here’s what you need to do-
- Open the Gmail app on your android mobile phone or tablet.
- Tap the menu icon from the top-left corner of the display page.
- Now you need to tap the “setting” from the menu.
- Choose the account in which you want to add or remove the category tabs.
- Once the account is chosen, you need to tap the “Inbox type” tab on the screen.
- From the “Inbox type” tab, select the “default inbox” option.
- After that, tab the “inbox categories” and from there add or remove the tabs you don’t want Gmail app to show again.
Important note: In case, you’re using only the primary category on your phone/tablet, then you won’t be able to choose the “inbox categories”.
Adding and removing the category tabs in Gmail for iPhone and Ipad users
Changing the inbox categories from the Gmail app doesn’t work in iPhone or Ipad. To add or remove the category tabs in Gmail, iPhone and Ipad users need to open Gmail app and perform the following steps as provided below-
- Open the Gmail app in the iPhone and Ipad.
- Go to the setting by clicking the “setting” tab at the top-right corner.
- Check the boxes of the categories you want to use and if you want to hide a tab, the messages will be displayed in your primary tab by default.
- You can choose whether you want starred messages to show in your Primary tab or not.
- Finally, click on the “Save” tab to save the settings in which you have made changes recently.
Important note: Here while making the changes you should note that any changes you make to your categories from your computer will show in the app. Therefore, proceed accordingly.
in case you facing Trouble in Gmail account so don’t worry just call Gmail Customer Service Phone Number. click on these Link.