HP Support Assistant not working On Windows 10: The HP support assistant is a computer optimization and performance enhancement tool that is quite useful when it comes to improving the overall performance of a PC. The best thing about the HP Support Assistant is its ability to automatically updating the firmware and drivers. However, like any other technical utility software, the HP Support Assistant is also prone to some issues and problems. These issues and problems can create a lot of nuisance for the HP support Assistant users.
In case your HP support assistant not working properly then you should get it fixed immediately to keep your computer to its peak performance always. We will discuss various HP support Assistant error and issues along with their solutions in this tutorial.
Different reasons why HP Support Assistant not working properly
Here are the some of the HP Support Assistant errors and issues which can result in HP Support Assistant not working problems.
- HP Support Assistant not opening
- Cannot update the HP Support Assistant or download and install updates through HP Support Assistant
- Exclamation mark on HP Support Assistant icon
- Error: HPSF.exe has stopped working
- Not able to uninstall HP Support Assistant
- HP Support Assistant is stuck with “gathering information” messages.
- HP Support Assistant opening automatically.
- Interruptions in games, movies or TV due to the HP Support Assistant.
- Windows firewall or antivirus is blocking HP Support Assistant to work properly.
It should be noted that all the above-mentioned problems are just the example of many more problems due to which you can face HP support assistant not working issues.
How to solve HP Support Assistant not working issue?
Well, it is not feasible to provide solutions to each of the possible HP support Assistant errors in a single post. However, the resolutions to some of them are as follows:
Unable to open HP Support Assistant
If you are not able to open HP Support Assistant then you should follow the steps given below:
- Press “Windows + R” to open “Run” window.
- Now, type “RSTRUI.EXE” and press “Enter”
- The “Restore system files and settings” windows will open. Click on “Next”.
- Select the date when HP support assistant opened properly in the “Date and Time” column.
- Click on “Next” and confirm your restore point date by clicking on “Finish”.
- Now the HP support assistant should open properly.
Not Able to update HP Support Assistant
Given below are the steps you should follow if you are having problems in updating HP Support Assistant.
- Firstly, make sure that you are connected to a fast and smooth internet connection.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall setting temporarily to ensure that they are not blocking HP Support Assistant updates.
- You may contact HP support for further assistance.
Can’t Uninstall HP support assistant
Follow the steps given below if you are having problems in uninstalling HP support assistant
- Run “Uninstall or change a program” in control panel.
- Select “HP Support Assistant” and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Give confirmation by clicking on “yes”.
- Restart your PC once the process to remove HP support assistant gets completed.
We hope the step given in this post will help you resolve your “HP support Assistant not working” problem. In case the problem continues then it is better to contact HP for further support.