Are you unable to access your Gmail account because of forgetting the password? Well, you are not alone; thousands of Gmail users forget their login passwords every day. The most common reason behind forgetting the Gmail password is sometimes users change the password to a new one that is too complicated for them to remember. Whatever be the reason, if you have forgotten your Gmail password then you don’t have to worry at all. The method offered by Google for Gmail password recovery is very simple and straightforward.
In this post, we will go through the step by step procedure to recover a forgotten Gmail password with ease.
How to Recover Gmail password?
If you are facing Gmail login issues then you can reset your Gmail password. However, before resetting the passport you need to prove your identity to google. By following the steps given below you can easily prove your identity and recover a lost Gmail Password.
- First of all, you need to visit the login page of Gmail.
- Click on the “Forget password” link available at the bottom of the login window.
- Provide your Gmail ID.
- Now Gmail will prompt you to enter the last known password.
- Answer the last known password and follow the instructions on your screen to reset Gmail password
- If you don’t remember any password then you need to click on the “Try another way” link.
- Now Google will send a verification code to your secondary email id or phone number.
- You need to enter the code sent to your secondary id or phone number within a stipulated time.
- Google will allow you to create a new password as soon as you enter the verification code.
- Create a new password and login to Gmail using the newly created password.
How to Recover Gmail password without a phone number or secondary email?
Let’s take an example, imagine if have forgotten your current Gmail password and your previous passwords as well. Additionally, you don’t have access to your phone or email id either. This situation can be quite complicated because you have to prove your identity to Google. In such cases, there is only one way left for recovering a Gmail account i.e. security questions. Here’s how it works
- Visit the Gmail login page and click on “Forget Password”.
- Enter your Gmail email address.
- Click on “Try another way” when Google prompts you to enter last known password and verification code.
- Now Google will ask you some security Questions related to your Gmail account.
- There are dozens of possible questions that the Google can ask like your frequent location to access Gmail, Date of creation of Gmail ID etc.
- Try to answer as many questions correctly as possible.
- Now, Google will investigate your case and let you access your Gmail account within 3 to 5 days.
Note: Gmail will let you access your Gmail account only if your answers to the security questions are correct.
Important Tips and Tricks to Remember
- If you don’t remember your Gmail username then you should check your browser history. If you have used your Gmail account on the same browser it is possible that you may find it in the history.
- Although your password should not be too complicated you should restrict yourself from keeping a predictable password.
You should keep changing your Gmail password to keep your Gmail account safe.