Steps to How Can I Configure Cox Email With Outlook?
Cox Communication is one of the leading Internet Service Providers in the United States. The customer who purchases Cox high-speed internet also gets a free email service along with the internet package. Even though the Cox email service is free with the internet package it has all the necessary features that a good email service should have. You can use it on the web, on your mobile or using any third party email client such as outlook. Being able to use Cox email on outlook can be very helpful if you prefer the user interface of MS outlook over Cox webmail.
This article is for those Cox users who are wondering how to configure Cox email with Outlook. Here we will take you through the most convenient steps to set up Cox email account on MS Outlook.
Thinks to know before you set up Cox webmail on Outlook
Although the process to configure Cox email with Microsoft Outlook is very easy, here are some important things that you should know beforehand.
- You can setup Cox on Outlook either using POP settings or IMAP settings. When you use POP settings the emails get stored locally in your device. On the other hand, the emails get stored on the server when you use the IMAP settings.
- If you are going to use your Cox Email account on multiple devices then you should opt for IMAP settings. In case you are going to use Cox webmail only on a single device then you may opt for POP settings.
- In order to configure the Cox email account with Outlook properly, you should have a smooth internet connection. So, it is recommended that you should first check your internet connection before starting the configuration.
Steps to set up Cox email on MS Outlook
The exact steps that a user need to follow to configure Cox email with Outlook depend upon the version of outlook he/she is using such outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 etc. Nonetheless, we have provided the step to add Cox email on Outlook 2010. You can follow the steps given below and make necessary changes as per your version of MS Outlook.
- Run MS Outlook on your computer and click on the “File” tab.
Note: In case the Outlook startup wizard appears after clicking on the “File” tab then you should click "Cancel" to exit the wizard.
- Then, click on the “Add Account” button from the “Account Information” Section.
- After that, you should click on the “Additional Server Types or Manually Configure Server Settings” button followed by the “Next” button.
- Choose the radio button against “Internet E-mail” and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, under the “User Information Section”, you should provide the necessary information such as your name, cox.net email address etc.
- Choose “POP3” from the drop-down menu that will appear under the “Server Information Server and enter the following information.
- Incoming Mail Server: pop.cox.net
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.cox.net
- After that, you should provide your complete Cox email address along with password under the “Login Information” Section. Here, you can also check the box to have MS Outlook remember your Cox email password.
Note: Please remember that you need not check the option to require login using SPA.
- Scroll down and click on the “More Settings” button.
- Now, open “Advanced tab” and go to the “Outgoing Server (SMTP) section. Here, you should choose “SSL” in the Server Port Numbers section and enter “465” for SSL encryption.
- After that, you should move on to the “Incoming Server (POP3) section. Here, first, you need to check the box against “The server requires an encrypted connection”. After that, you should choose “SSL” and ensure that incoming server port is “995”.
- Finally, you may click “Next” to test the settings and Click “Finish” to wrap up the configuration process.
After entering the above mentioned settings, you should be able to send and receive Cox email on Outlook. However, if you are encounter any error or have any doubt regarding the Cox email configuration on Outlook then you should contact Outlook support for more assistance.