Cox Email Server Settings For Iphone
IPhone users who want to configure Cox email on their iPhone can do so easily. Setting up Cox email on iPhone makes the process of accessing emails convenient. There are times when the users add their Cox account in iPhone incorrectly leading to the sending and receiving problems. The problem is not only confined to the sending and receiving email issues but also give birth to other email problems. Therefore, it becomes necessary for iPhone users to connect Cox email with their iPhone properly.
A small change in the Cox email server settings in iPhone can cause major issues in accessing the email. The setup can be done for both POP and IMAP servers. So you can choose any of the incoming servers as per your wish. This post will further guide you on the ways with which you can configure Cox email easily on your apple phone.
Settings required for adding Cox account on iPhone
Given below are the major server settings for linking Cox email with your iPhone. Make sure that the values are set as per the information given in the table-
pop.cox.net or imap.cox.net
Important points to consider
Here are some of the key points to remember before you start Cox email server setup for iPhone-
- Internet connectivity: Make sure that your iPhone is well connected with internet. Check the wifi network or mobile one accordingly and ensure that iPhone is getting a stable speed of internet.
- Username and password: It is mandatory for you to possess the Cox email username and password if you seek to configure Cox email setup for iPhone.
- Restarting the device: Do not forget to restart your iPhone after completion of the Cox email server settings for iPhone. This way, your phone will make the necessary changes required.
- Keep a backup: Always keep a backup of the emails once you think of adding Cox email on your phone. This way, any possibility of emails getting lost shall be prevented. Although, the settings won’t make any major changes, but as a safety precaution, you should keep the required backup.
How to set up Cox email on an iPhone?
There are two ways in which you can perform the Cox email setup on iPhone. First is through automatic configuration where you need not do any changes with the server settings. Second is the manual one, where you are required to make changes in the server settings manually. If the automatic settings do not work well for you then you can opt for the manual server settings for Cox email. The process for both the type of setup is explained below-
Here’s how you can set up Cox email on iPhone automatically-
- Tap the “settings” tab on the home screen of your iPhone or ipad
- Tap on the “accounts & passwords” option on the settings screen
- Now click on the “add account” button to add your Cox email account
- There you will find options for the emails. You need to select the “other” option.
- Hit the “add email account” button.
- You will land on the new account screen where you need to enter the following information-
- Name: Enter your username with which you access your Cox email account.
- Cox Email Address: Enter the stated information in the field given on the screen.
- Password: Provide the password of Cox email in the space given.
- Description: You may add a description stating the objective for eg. You may write “Cox setup” in the description box.
- Once done entering the information, you are required to tap on the “next” button.
- Hit the “save” option to save the changes. Your iPhone will not automatically configure Cox email account.
The method to manually configure Cox email in your iPhone is stated below-
- Go to the “settings” app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap the “accounts and password” option followed by “add account” button.
- Select the “other” option to add Cox email account in iPhone or ipad.
- In the “new account” screen, you need to provide the following information-
- Name: Provide your username that is the first part of email address excluding the @cox.net part.
- Cox email address: Enter the password of Cox email account
- Password: Type the Cox email password in the field given.
- Description: Give a short description of the activity you are doing. This step can be skipped.
- Your phone will verify the account and automatically sets up IMAP server settings.
- Tap on the “next” button and then “save” button.
- Go to the “accounts & passwords” screen and complete the following steps-
- Enter the account name of the new Cox email account
- Enter the address of new Cox email account
- Now under the incoming mail server settings update the information as required-
- Host name/ incoming server:cox.net or pop.cox.net
- User name: Enter the first part of your Cox Email address without the @cox.net.
- Port number: The incoming email server port number should be set to 110
- Password: Provide the password of your Cox email account.
- Go to the “outgoing mail server” settings and tap on the “SMTP” option.
- Update the following information in the SMTP screen-
- Host name/ outgoing server: Set it to smtp.cox.net
- Port number: Set the outgoing port number to 25
- User name: Enter your username without @cox.net.
- Password: Enter the password in the relevant field.
- Touch the “done” button when you are finished with the configuration.
- You have now successfully configured Cox email server settings for iPhone. You can now use your iPhone to access emails stored in your Cox account very easily. But make sure to restart the device so that the settings can take place properly.