Technical Help for Cox Password Recovery Steps
Forgetting the password of Cox account is one of the most common problems faced by users all around the world. The reasons for performing Cox password recovery varies from forgetting the password, login id, compromised account, lost password problem etc. While a number of users fail to recover the password simply because they use old password to access their Cox account, others fail to login because they cannot remember their password at all. When this happens, users face difficulty as they cannot check their emails or send one. To put an end to this misery, we’re providing the step by step way to recover Cox account password through this article. In case you are also troubled by the login issues, then feel free to go through the post for complete resolution.
Cases in which Cox password recovery is required
Before we begin the procedure on how to recover Cox password, you should go through the reasons/cases listed below to identify the one that resembles your situation.
- Opened Cox account after a long time and don’t know/remember the password.
- Suspicious activity happening in your Cox account or your account has been compromised by the hackers.
- You are entering the correct password yet still you cannot access your account.
- You change your Cox password frequently and now can’t recall the current password.
Ways to recover Cox password
There are different ways in which you can recover or reset the password of your Cox email account.
- Recovery of Cox account through “answer secret question”, you can choose to go for security question to recover the password.
- Through email: Here you will be provided with a verification email if you opt for this choice to reset the password.
- Through message: You can opt for this choice if you want to get the secret code on your registered mobile phone to recover Cox password.
- Through phone number: In case you want to receive the code through a phone call then this option will suit you the best. Simply enter the code you hear on the call in the concerned field on the password recovery page.
How to recover Cox password?
The process to recover Cox email password is quite simple. All you have to is follow the directions stated in the post and you’ll be good to go.
Don’t know the user ID? Follow these steps to recover Cox account-
In case you are having trouble in remembering the user ID of Cox email account then here’s what you need to do-
- Go to the cox.com and click on the “sign in” button.
- Now you need to select the link “forgot user ID” present at the bottom of the login page.
- Choose any of the 3 options to recover user ID i.e. phone number, address, and account number.
- You will get your user ID. Enter it in the login page to access your Cox account.
Steps to recover Cox password
Follow the instructions stated below to recover your Cox email password-
- Open cox.com in your web browser.
- Click on the “sign in my account” button on the login page.
- Hit the “password” option present next to the “forgot user ID” option.
- Now enter your primary user ID in the “user ID” field and click on the “find account” option.
- Choose any of the given multiple options on the screen to reset/recover your password.
- Enter the new password in the concerned field and click on the “finish password reset” button once you are done.
- Now login using the same one.
- You have successfully reset your password for Cox email account.
Tips for setting a strong Cox password
A strong password indicates the probability of preventing misfortunate events such as hacking of your Cox account. There are few characteristics of a strong password that must be considered before actually setting up a new one. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you set a new password for your Cox email account. An ideal and strong password should meet the following requirements-
- Between 15 to 24 characters
- Includes at least one symbol or special character
- Include both letters and words
What a password should not contain-
- Alphabetical/numerical letters in forward or backward series
- Names or birthdays or date of birth
- Repeated letters/number
- Common keyboard grouping
- Password similar to the old one
- Any form of email address or Cox id